Responsibility - Our duty to take ownership for the decisions we make or fail to make. The actions we take or fail to take, and the consequences that result.
1) We make decisions and take actions based on the best interests of the society, public safety and the environment.
2) We accept only those assignments that are consistent with our background, experience, skills and qualifications.
3) We fulfill the commitments that we undertake - we do what we say we will do.
4) When we make errors or omissions, we take ownership and make corrections promptly. When we discover errors or omissions caused by others, we communicate them to the appropriate body as soon as they are discovered.
5) We protect proprietary or confidential information that has been entrusted to us.
6) We uphold this code and hold each other accountable for it.
1) We inform ourselves, and uphold the policies, rules, regulations and laws that govern our work, professional and volunteer activities.
2) We report unethical or illegal conduct to appropriate management and, if necessary, to those affected by the conduct.
3) We bring violations of this code to the attention of the appropriate body for resolution.
4) We only file ethics complaints only when they are substantiated by facts.
5) We pursue disciplinary action against an individual who retaliates against a person raising ethics concerns.
Reference : PMI Code of ethics & Professional conduct